Sunday, April 20, 2008

 

Covenant Seminary trip!


For all those that don't know, I am going to Seminary! I am planning to move to St Louis in August and attend Covenant Theological Seminary in the fall. To prepare for the move, last week I went to visit the school and see the city. I could not have done it without my sister, Susannah there with me. We had just 3 days but had a great time!

The first day we woke up and went apartment hunting. It was pouring down rain so it was kind of hard to look of different places to live so we decided to go site seeing. We first ended up in Forest Park at the St. Louis Art Museum. This is the scene in front of the museum. SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!



We then ventured over to eat some lunch right outside the park. These men were outside a Starbucks. We thought it was really funny.
We then found our way to the St. Louis Arch! This is Susannah at the top. It was really windy that day so it rocked a lot at the top.
This is the view from the top overlooking the city and the St Louis Cardinal's stadium. It was absolutely gorgeous!


Here is Susannah and me at the base of the north wing of the arch. Yes, it was rainy and cold!



The daffodils were in bloom! Which happened to be my favorite flower. It made me so happy! We do not have many daffodils here in Texas.


The second day we were there, we got a opportunity to view the campus and meet with some of the students at the seminary. I even got to attend some classes that day too. It was great to see what school is going to be like. I got to meet with other female students, also to get a better idea of what is to come. Over the weekend there were other perspective students visiting also. These girls in the picture below were visiting the campus for the fall semester too. We went out to eat with them that night at the Cheesecake Factory! Really Yummy!
The third day we had to leave but before flying out I got to visit with one of my old roommate Ashley and her husband, Ryan Steed. After they got married she moved to Illinois. It was so good to get to see them. Thank you for coming out and for the fun times at The Lone Star.
Overall it was a fast but good trip. I did not find a place to live yet or a job but God was very good, as always! He secured in my heart that this is were He is calling me to be this next year. Please be in prayer for me as I follow Him in obedience and pursue this calling He has placed in my heart to become better equipped for ministry. (To find out more about Covenant you can visit: Covenant Seminary - The Seminary of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA))

Comments:
Yay, Hope! I'm so excited for you!
 
Hope! I am sooo excited for you, and can't wait to visit you there!! It looks like you and Susannah had a really fun time!
 
Hey, Hope! It looks and sounds like you had a great trip. :) I'm so excited for you about what God has opened up for you. I think you're going to love Covenant. :)

Much love,
Steph.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]